Friday 3 May 2013

Rumble Dumble (Indian Scrambled Egg)





This is a really nostalgic food for me, it transports me back to breakfast times as a kid. It's quick, easy and best of all has a silly name. It's a recipe my Mum picked up when my parents lived in India, in my opinion it is far nicer than boring old scrambled egg. Nicest served with fresh naan bread but if, like me, you haven't got a tandoor oven to hand it goes really nicely with toast.


Serves 2, 1 syn

- 2 large eggs
-handful of chopped corriander
- six sliced spring onions or a diced small onion
- a cup full of chopped tomatoes, can be baby tomatoes or sliced tomato
- teaspoon ginger paste
- teaspoon garlic paste
- teaspoon chilli paste ( 1 teaspoon is fairly mild)

- fry the onion, coriander and tomato for a minute
- add the eggs, ginger, garlic and chilli
- keep stirring the mix until the eggs are cooked

No comments:

Post a Comment